The English churchyard is a place of quiet and repose, a place where comfort is drawn from the peace provided by being close to God and to his church.
Some churchyards in the Diocese of Chelmsford are as old as the Domesday Book of 1087. Many are not as old, but all are places where peace prevails.
Holy Trinity Churchyard is a very special area because, like the Church, it is consecrated ground. This means that it has been set aside in the past by a Bishop as sacred and, therefore, holy ground.
Our churchyard is now closed for burials and can only be used for interment of ashes, either in an existing grave or in the Garden of Remembrance.
To learn more about our churchyard and how to apply for interment of ashes click below to download a short booklet.